Allow the Age Clock to Tick Backward…
The antiaging breakthrough of the decade, according to WebMd and leading Dermatologists, is a skin-resurfacing treatment known as Fractional CO2. Combining the effectiveness of traditional carbon dioxide lasers — long thought to be the gold standard in wrinkle removal — with a new application technique, it delivers powerful results without the traditionally harsh side effects and downtime.
So, how does the Fractional CO2 work?
The laser works by vaporizing the tissue and drilling microscopic beams into the epidermis. The wavelength for the Fractional CO2 is carbon dioxide. For years Carbon Dioxide lasers have been recognized as the “gold standard” for treating deep fine lines, sun damage, wrinkles and acne scars. However, in the last 5 years there has been a real shift to fractionated lasers because Fractional CO2 treatments involve less complications and downtime.
“Essentially, you are getting all the benefits of laser resurfacing, still the best way to remove wrinkles, but you’re getting it without the downtime and without the horrendous complication rate,” says David Goldberg, MD, director of Skin Laser and Surgery Specialists of New York and New Jersey and clinical professor of dermatology at the Mt. Sinai School of Medicine in New York City.
The most common conditions that the Fractional CO2 address:
- Fine lines and wrinkles of the face
- Scars, especially acne scars
- Eyelid laxity and lines around the eyes
- Pucker marks (smoker’s lines) and frown lines
- Brown spots and splotchy, uneven skin tone
What Will I look like Immediately After my Treatment?
Patients typically experience swelling and a mild sunburn sensation for about 1-2 hours following the treatment. The first 3 to 5 days your face will have a red complexion with swelling. Typically a Post-Ablative kit is included to speed up healing by exfoliation of the dead skin cells and to enhance results. Mineral makeup is can be used typically on Day 4 to help cover any redness.
Due to the heating of dermal collagen during the laser treatment tightening of skin laxity and improvement of rhytids (fine lines) continue for up to 6 months. The results of the treatments are dramatic and with proper sun protection, effects are thought to last 8 to 10 years. Most effects of treatment become visible right away, whereas –such as new collagen formation – build up gradually and result in continued smoothing over time.
6 Ways to Look and Feel 6 Years Younger…by Impressions MediSpa
As our body begins to age we start noticing a little line here and sag or bag there which makes us look older than we really are. Fortunately, the latest medical technology is available to help address these trouble spots.
1. Thinning Lashes and Brows: Hormone levels and over tweezing of eyes brows over time thins out our eyebrows and lashes. Tweezing can also damage hair follicles which make it harder for them to grow back hairs. Solution: Latisse and Lilash are solutions to help stimulate growth of lushes lashes and eyebrows. Results are often seen within 2-4 weeks.
2. Turkey Neck: Age, hereditary and years of sun damage may lead to crepey skin around the neck which is the dreaded “turkey neck.” Solution: Coating the neck with a moisturzing sunscreen will help protect the skin from the harmfull rays of the sun. Fractional CO2 laser treatment does wonders in tightening the delicate skin around the neck. Radiofrequency devices such as AccentXL also help stiumulate the production of collagen in the neck.
3. Aged Hands: Years of sun damage may cause wrinkling of the skin, age spots (solar lentigines) and uneven skin tone. Solution: Laser treatments such as IPL/BBL and Fractional CO2 help repair sun damage skin and remove any discoloration. Dermal Fillers such as Restylane, Juvederm or Radiesse can help plump up the hands to give it a more youthful appearance.
4. Tired Eyes with Bags and Discoloration: Our skin is the thinnest around our eyes and often times our first place to see the signs of aging. At home using a daily eye cream that has growth factors or peptides does wonders for lightening the eye and keeping the skin around the eyes plump. For wrinkles around the eyes Botox or Dysport can be used to give it a nice smooth appearance. The “Madonna Lift” which uses the Fractional CO2 laser effectively tightens the skin on the upper and lower lids.
5. Wrinkles and Dull Skin: Loss of collagen and elasticity reduces skin volume causing fine lines and wrinkles. Factors such as hereditary, sun exposure, smoking and dynamic muscle movements affect how fast we age. Using our facial muscles such as laughing, frowning and squinting form lines on our face. Solution: At home daily use of Sunscreens helps to protect the skin, retinoids, peptides and vitamin C are also great solutions to help keep the skin looking radiant. Botox, Fillers and Laser treatments does an excellent job in tightening the skin, providing volume, lifting the cheeks and tightening the jowls.
6. Loose Skin and Cellulite: As lose collagen while we age, gain and lose weight(post pregnancies) and the surge of hormone levels may cause loose skin and cellulite around the abdomen, thighs and buttocks. Solution: AccentXL is a Radiofrequency laser that is FDA approved to treat Rhytids (wrinkles) and may be used for the abdomen, thighs, face and neck. Laser Lipo is revolutionary technology that effectively treats cellulite with its double wavelength.