ALLOW THE CLOCK TO TICK BACKWARDS
The antiaging breakthrough of the decade, according to WebMd and leading Dermatologists, is a skin-resurfacing treatment known as Fractional CO2. Combining the effectiveness of traditional carbon dioxide lasers — long thought to be the gold standard in wrinkle removal — with a new application technique, it delivers powerful results without the traditionally harsh side effects and downtime.
So, how does the Fractional CO2 work?
The laser works by vaporizing the tissue and drilling microscopic beams into the epidermis. The wavelength for the Fractional CO2 is carbon dioxide. For years Carbon Dioxide lasers have been recognized as the “gold standard” for treating deep fine lines, sun damage, wrinkles and acne scars. However, in the last 5 years there has been a real shift to fractionated lasers because Fractional CO2 treatments involve less complications and downtime.
“Essentially, you are getting all the benefits of laser resurfacing, still the best way to remove wrinkles, but you’re getting it without the downtime and without the horrendous complication rate,” says David Goldberg, MD, director of Skin Laser and Surgery Specialists of New York and New Jersey and clinical professor of dermatology at the Mt. Sinai School of Medicine in New York City.
The most common conditions that the Fractional CO2 address:
- Fine lines and wrinkles of the face
- Scars, especially acne scars
- Eyelid laxity and lines around the eyes
- Pucker marks (smoker’s lines) and frown lines
- Brown spots and splotchy, uneven skin tone
What Will I look like Immediately After my Treatment?
Patients typically experience swelling and a mild sunburn sensation for about 1-2 hours following the treatment. The first 3 to 5 days your face will have a red complexion with swelling. Typically a Post-Ablative kit is included to speed up healing by exfoliation of the dead skin cells and to enhance results. Mineral makeup is can be used typically on Day 4 to help cover any redness.
Due to the heating of dermal collagen during the laser treatment tightening of skin laxity and improvement of rhytids (fine lines) continue for up to 6 months. The results of the treatments are dramatic and with proper sun protection, effects are thought to last 8 to 10 years. Most effects of treatment become visible right away, whereas –such as new collagen formation – build up gradually and result in continued smoothing over time.
6 Ways to Look and Feel 6 Years Younger
As our body begins to age we start noticing a little line here and sag or bag there which makes us look older than we really are. Fortunately, the latest medical technology is available to help address these trouble spots.
1. Thinning Lashes and Brows: Hormone levels and over tweezing of eyes brows over time thins out our eyebrows and lashes. Tweezing can also damage hair follicles which make it harder for them to grow back hairs. Solution: Latisse and Lilash are solutions to help stimulate growth of lushes lashes and eyebrows. Results are often seen within 2-4 weeks.
2. Turkey Neck: Age, hereditary and years of sun damage may lead to crepey skin around the neck which is the dreaded “turkey neck.” Solution: Coating the neck with a moisturzing sunscreen will help protect the skin from the harmfull rays of the sun. Fractional CO2 laser treatment does wonders in tightening the delicate skin around the neck. Radiofrequency devices such as AccentXL also help stiumulate the production of collagen in the neck.
3. Aged Hands: Years of sun damage may cause wrinkling of the skin, age spots (solar lentigines) and uneven skin tone. Solution: Laser treatments such as IPL/BBL and Fractional CO2 help repair sun damage skin and remove any discoloration. Dermal Fillers such as Restylane, Juvederm or Radiesse can help plump up the hands to give it a more youthful appearance.
4. Tired Eyes with Bags and Discoloration: Our skin is the thinnest around our eyes and often times our first place to see the signs of aging. At home using a daily eye cream that has growth factors or peptides does wonders for lightening the eye and keeping the skin around the eyes plump. For wrinkles around the eyes Botox or Dysport can be used to give it a nice smooth appearance. The “Madonna Lift” which uses the Fractional CO2 laser effectively tightens the skin on the upper and lower lids.
5. Wrinkles and Dull Skin: Loss of collagen and elasticity reduces skin volume causing fine lines and wrinkles. Factors such as hereditary, sun exposure, smoking and dynamic muscle movements affect how fast we age. Using our facial muscles such as laughing, frowning and squinting form lines on our face. Solution: At home daily use of Sunscreens helps to protect the skin, retinoids, peptides and vitamin C are also great solutions to help keep the skin looking radiant. Botox, Fillers and Laser treatments does an excellent job in tightening the skin, providing volume, lifting the cheeks and tightening the jowls.
6. Loose Skin and Cellulite: As lose collagen while we age, gain and lose weight(post pregnancies) and the surge of hormone levels may cause loose skin and cellulite around the abdomen, thighs and buttocks. Solution: AccentXL is a Radiofrequency laser that is FDA approved to treat Rhytids (wrinkles) and may be used for the abdomen, thighs, face and neck. Laser Lipo is revolutionary technology that effectively treats cellulite with its double wavelength.
ACCENT Your Face and Body…
The revolutionary way to tighten and firm any loose, wrinkled or dimpled skin ANYWHERE on your face and body…
The Accent XL is a radiofrequency device that is FDA-Approved and designed to improve the thin, delicate skin that develops on the face, neck, and upper arms as well as the abdomen, thighs and buttocks.
Accent Your Body Dual-layer RF Thermotherapy stimulates the production of new collagen and improves skin surface texture. Treatments with the Accent system are quick and do not require anesthesia or a prolonged recovery time. Patients can resume their normal activities immediately. Best of all, Dual-layer RF Thermotherapy provides steady improvement with excellent, long-term skin tightening results.
On What Parts of the Body does Accent Treat?
Dual-layer RF Thermotherapy Accent Your Body treatments can be performed to treat loose, wrinkled skin anywhere on the body. The procedure is frequently used for toning thin, loose and crepe-like skin often found on the aging face, neck and under the upper arms. Accent XL can be used for body contouring, cellulite reduction and skin tightening. It is also excellent for firming skin on the post-surgical or postnatal abdomen or thighs.
During treatment, the clinical staff will precisely heat an area of the inner layer of your skin (dermis) using radio frequency technology. As the dermis is heated, a natural reaction occurs that promotes the creation of new collagen. The result: a return to the smooth, shapely and elastic skin of your youth.
What are the Benefits of Dual Layer Thermotherapy?
The Bipolar module focuses on the surface layer of the skin, while the Unipolar penetrates further for deep dermal thermotherapy. The Bipolar treatment is well suited for areas where the skin is thinner and more delicate, such as the face, helping to smooth fine lines and wrinkles. The Unipolar treatment generates alternating electromagnetic fields that cause friction and heating in the deeper tissues, which help in body contouring. Taken together,the Accent promotes collagen production in the skin.
BANISH THE BULGE AND TREAT CELLULITE
As we age, we tend to start noticing many changes within our bodies including loose skin, unsightly bulges, fat accumulation and cellulite. Factors that affect us as we age are pregnancies, genetics, hormones, stress levels , diet and lack of exercise.
As time goes by, we notice that our skin changes, our skin loses the natural luster and elastity, the fat cells in the skin begin to swell and bulge causing cellulite in areas such as the thighs and buttocks. Areas most affected by cellulite are the buttocks and thighs in women. The first line of defense against cellulite and fat is having a healthy lifestyle and exercise. Make sure that our diet consists of plenty of vegetables, lean proteins and fruits. Staying active thru aerobic exercise and strength training (weight bearing) exercises will help relieve stress and reduce fat and the appearance of cellulite.
However, areas that are stubborn to diet and exercise can be treated effectively with laser assisted liposuction. SLIMLIPO is a new and effective treatment to help drastically improve cellulite and reduce the bulge. SlimLipo laser has 2 wavelengths, the first wavelength helps liquify the fat to make it gentler to remove from the area and the second wavelength tightens the skin and helps build collagen.
Areas that are effectively contoured and reduced in size are:
- Abdomen & Back
- Inner & Outer thighs
- Lovehandles & Waist
This is great for all patients especially those that want to stay with a procedure that offers excellent results but does not have the prolonged downtime as may be the case with invasive surgery. The heat also stimulates the growth of collagen, which help continue to tighten your skin for several months after surgery..
Several factors contribute to cellulite and those individuals that are relatively in good shape or thin can also benefit from Cellulite Laser treatment. In this revolutionary treatment the lasers heat effectively reduces cellulite without any liposuction (fat being removed).
Patients are able to do the treatment in the office on local anesthesia and typically take 2-3 days off of work. Patients can typically see results within 2 weeks after the selling goes down and final results are in 4-6 months.
4 Peels for the Common Skin Problems
While Chemical Peels sound like a skin lab experiment gone wrong, in the world of facial rejuvenation chemical peels can help brighten and freshen the skin in a fairly quick and painless procedure. Most often peels are used to treat sun-damaged skin with mild wrinkling, uneven skin tone and acne scar pigmentation. Peels are safe to use around the face, neck, chest, back, arms and hands. Chemical peels can also be used for patients dealing with Post Inflammatory Hyperpigmentation, for example those that have skin darkening from an injury or certain skin disorders.
The way the chemical peels help improve the skin tone is by penetrating the skin’s layers and breaking up the bonds in the skin, which causes the damaged layers to peel and flake off of the skin. Typically, those loosened layers are home to the pigment producing cells (melanocytes) that cause discoloration of the skin.
Once the peeling process begins, moisturizing the skin and applying adequate sunscreen is the key to promote healing of the skin. Many times the results of the peel can be seen within 7-10 days after doing the peel.
A high strength VIPeel has a combination of acids including Phenol, Trichloracetic, Salycilic, Retnoic and Vitamin C), which will tighten the skin and improve mild photo damage and melasma.
The Vitalize Peel, which is a mild medical grade peel that includes (Salycilic, Rescorinol and Retnoic Acid).
Got Dark Spots(acne scars) or Melasma:
Either the ViPeel or Vitalize Peel is a great option for addressing pigmentation issues on the skin in conjunction with a skin brightener or lightener product such as vitamin c or hydroquinoine.
Glycolic Acids are great to give the skin a nice glow and fresh appearance in conjunction with Peptides and creams that contain growth factors. Glycolic Acid peels is also great for thoseindividuals that cannot afford any downtime.